fixture

rhenrichs

Elite Cafe Member
Fred Bowden has a whole series of fixtures....I use a 3/4" pipe clamp that I modified the jaws to have brass pins sticking out to hold the barrel in place.....adjustable for any length of barrel...good for ejector rod housing an cylinders too...

Roger

Fred Bowen

Elite Cafe Member
I have an article in the next Engraver magazine showing a new pistol barrel fixture and a new one for the recoil shield. Both are designed for Colt Single Action Army style pistols, but the barrel fixture can be used for other barrels between 4 3/4 and 7 1/2", .38-.45 caliber. It is compact and solid. I have been cutting a 7 1/2" SAA barrel and it works great. The article describes the fixtures and how they work and I ask for input from the readers based on this information. I will decide whether to manufacture them depending on the responses.

Sandy

Elite Cafe Member
Search under barrel holding. There is several pictures of the barrel holder I made from a carpenters clamp. You can make some cones out of brass or do it like Marty Rabeno made his with thermo loc.
Sandy.

P.S. I would post the link to the thread but I haven't figured out how to copy and post from my IPad. Sorry.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors