First post!

boxwood

Rod Cameron & I are here in Mendocino, CA having fun making flutes. I've been a bit shy about posting my work since taking Sam's class @ GRS in the Spring. All comments and feedback are welcome. Thanks to Rod & Sam for their generosity and encouragement; Happy 6th Birthday to the forum - hoping to make it to Reno . . .

Chris Norman

Attachments

• Norman Grenser key.jpg
    Norman Grenser key.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 193

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
don't be shy. welcome to the forum. a very nice looking piece of work.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Welcome to the Cafe, Chris! Great to see your beautiful work, which looks clean and well cut I must say. I hope you'll be a regular participant here!

As far as the company you keep, well that's questionable!

~Sam

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
" Welcome to the Cafe, Chris! Great to see your beautiful work, which looks clean and well cut I must say. I hope you'll be a regular participant here!

As far as the company you keep, well that's questionable!

~Sam "

We are having a ton of fun, Sam, all good clean fun, except for the grease and wood chips here in my Mendocino workshop. Also here is harp/oboe player Shelley Philips, who is restoring a harp. We three often rendez vous in Mendocino, and combine craft with music. Chris is as able a toolmaker/flute maker as he is a player, as fast in grasping new workshop ideas as he is in his performing career. I can hardly keep up with him in the hammer and chisel department. It is such a pleasure to have Shelley and he around the shop, it gives me an energy lift.

If anyone is curious as to how those darn wood flutes actually sound, here is Chris ( playing a Cameron 8 key flute) with baroque violinist, David Greenberg, playing both formal 18th century Telemann, and on the other clip, a set of Scots and Celtic tunes. Check out the unusual venue .... a New York motorcycle place, yet with excellent acoustics!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg02qSuwYX8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlhwLLQOn88

Rod