Finishing a piece from the #2 design by Mitch

mtgraver

Elite Cafe Member
I wanted to finish out the ivory piano key that I practiced on the design by Mitch. So I decided it needed to be framed to be worn or as an art piece. I have a little more to do to have it completed but wanted to share while I was thinking about it.
Enjoy,
Mark

Attachments

• 20120410_3.jpg
    20120410_3.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 216

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Mark, I really like the approach you took with this activity. I, on the other hand, took the assignment quite literally and drew leaf segments and scroll segments and tried different shading techniques on them. Several of each. Your design is quit attractive and the style of shading you used on the frame is quit a difference from the scrim. The contrast is dramatic and pleasing.

These shadings are quite different from the style I use for my customers who seem to appreciate the suttle shading but prefer the bolder styles of shading on thier peices. My customers seem to want the cutting to be clear from arms length so the only "collectible" fine shading I do is in practice.

I like your approach in using this activity to make something to sell or have which represents this fine detailed work-Fred

Latest posts

Sponsors