Finished knife from the En Set

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
As I have to explore my new devise, the En Set, to find out the advantages of high power at low speed, and as I never threaded a background this way using a beading tool, I thought I give it a try.

I know taking care of the background this way is not something new, but it is my first time.

I sure like the texture that using a small beading tool produces, and also the short time needed to take care of negative space. So I will use this more often especially when there is not that much budget for a particular job. The other advantage is that no matter what angle you look at it, it always looks nice.

Also the scroll and leaf design is not common and was inspired by a book on Victorian Ornaments.

arnaud

Montejano

Elite Cafe Member
Friend Arnaud
This engraving looks very beautiful. I like the style chosen and I like the background of the engraving. My sincere congratulations.

Antonio

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thank you Antonio, in fact I'm still exploring different styles, and by doing that I get more and more convinced that the "Old World" continent style is something I have to study more.
When I started engraving 3 years ago, I only knew about the US way.
The continent sure has more history and I like that being part of that.

arnaud

Montejano

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you Antonio, in fact I'm still exploring different styles, and by doing that I get more and more convinced that the "Old World" continent style is something I have to study more.
When I started engraving 3 years ago, I only knew about the US way.
The continent sure has more history and I like that being part of that.

arnaud
--------------

Arnaud friend,
I still remember our first contact in the forum like an anecdote.
You have continued working and has greatly improved his style of engraving. Your works are very beautiful.
To have adequate control about a technique requires many years of effort and innate qualities.
I’ve also improved my technique the last years but the learning is continuous.
All professionals must look at ways to work of other masters of engraving and this serves as an inspiration to us all. I don’t mean to copy what other professionals do in their engravings, but to capture ideas and move forward together.
I am now doing tested in the pearl nacre of self-taught way and it serve me to learn in the field of engraving.
Go on with your beautiful works and I will be aware of see your post.

Best regards.

Antonio

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks Antonio remembering that. I remember too. For me your work at first I thought it was engraving, and some others here in the cafe thought the same. One even considered that your fine etching was inferior to engraving, sure it isn't of course and he apologised for that.
You are right, since we have the internet it is easy to share new technology and ideas, and that is what we are here for.
And although we are all human trying to respect each other, sometimes culture origin and the ability to speak open minded can be misunderstood.
Anyway and no matter what, we artists have to lay eggs, means we can't do other than dealing with inspirations.

arnaud

Latest posts

Sponsors