Question: films about engravers?

Stefan

Elite Cafe Member
Are there any feature films about engravers? Would like to watch.

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Well, I doubt if there are any feature films about engravers. We don't seem to have that dramatic a life-style. However, try to watch the episode of "A Craftsman's Legacy" that featured David Riccardo. It is only 30 mins long, but well worth it. The series is usually found on your local PBS station and some full length episodes are on YouTube.

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I have always been surprised that nobody has made a movie about Renaissance goldsmith, engraver, sculptor, and duelist, Benvenuto Cellini. I have read his autobiography twice over and it would make a fascinating movie.

There is an opera by Hector Berlioz but the overture is the only part ever performed these days.

I highly recommend Cellini's autobiography to every artisan. Among other things, you will learn that dealing with wealthy clients hasn't changed much in 500 years. The book is available in audio book form on Youtube at:
I don't care for the fact that the reader is a woman who is reading words written in the first person by a man. Just the same, if you are working away at your bench, you can listen to it while you work.

I can also imagine that a movie about the life of Albrecht Durer would be worth watching.

Last edited:

Stefan

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you dear colleagues for your advice. I agree that the story of Chelinni is very interesting. I also read books about him. and even watched the art series "Chelini-criminal life." In the film, he is a rebel and lover. But I wanted to look at the creator of the artist Chelinni .. I think that the time will come, and they will make a film about engravers, we will wait.