Father bragging

spadebit

My home is in the central California mountains, a
I might have posted this twice- sorry if I did.
This is an order that my 19 year old daughter Nevada built. The buckle body is 14 guage Sterling. The single point edge is pierced in 20 guage and soldered down. The logo is cut in gold and soldered down. Everything is domed, then the back bars etc are soldered down. This is her second buckle, this one much more complex for her than the last. She had 1 month with us this summer, and she got 14 projects done so far. We are all off to Ohio to take part in the Weaver Leather 40th Anniversary Auction. I ( Jeremiah ), will be carving leather, my daughter Nevada will be engraving, and my wife will just stand there and look pretty. What I like the most about this project, it represents 100% of her hand and heart, in this trade we call Silversmithing. Nevada-BKL-A.jpg

Jörmungandr

Elite Cafe Member
Good on her. She has done really well. I'd really like to see this type of engraving up and personal. Only seen it on pictures so far and I don't think they do it justice at all.

I am always happy to see younger people learning a craft/skill. And doing well at their chosen niche.

Too few our age are interested in crafts. Buying an expensive camera is alright for taking strange pictures of nuts and bolts. But actually using nuts and bolts to build something or whittle a spoon from a piece of wood seems almost alien to alot of my friends in my age. Oh well.. Sorry for the rant, just a bit tired.

//DQ

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
That's fantastic, Jeremiah! If anyone has braggin' rights it's you! Congratulations!!

Latest posts

Sponsors