Facebook cover photo

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
facebook_cover_photo.jpg

There have been recent discussions about graphics software, so I thought I'd share something I've been working on. It's my cover photo for my new Facebook page, and it was done in Adobe Illustrator CS6. I love old letterheads and billheads, and that's the look I was going for. I'm about finished with it, but can't resist tweaking it here and there. :)

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
It looks great Sam.
For those of you who did not know about Sam's many design talents, he also designed our new FEGA show title graphics when I asked him to. He came through with flying colors for us. Thanks again Sam.

mrthe

Fabulous ! I love it! the vintage background is a vry touch of class!

metalchipper

Elite Cafe Member
Great Design Work

I like that very much. But Sam you spelled my name wrong!
Some day I need to update my old web site and that is the style that I am comfortable with. Just add this to my list of crimes, High-Jacking! mHoechst.jpg

Used Photo Shop and Illustrator

Mark

ED DELORGE

Elite Cafe Member
Hello Sam, I love the turn of the 18 th century look, Beautiful design.

Mark, that wanted poster is so creative, so true. What will the next generation look like?

Ed

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i was going to "steal" this page and use it for my own. but yikes, did you get a look at the gent in the foto ?

matthew.townsley

Elite Cafe Member
Looks great Sam, you have achieved the look you were going for very well.
I would make one minor tweak, and it really is minor. The kerning between the F and A of 'ALFANO' is a bit far.
I know its a very minor detail, but closing that up just a tad will get the whole word to sit nicely.
My sister and a couple good friends are graphic designers and were always on my back about typography haha I think their influence has reared its ugly head.
I hope this comes across as a sincere suggestion and not a reason to simply make a noise.

Montejano

Elite Cafe Member
Sam friend
I like his work very much :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:.
This work graphic is very nice and after seeing his work, I think I should change my picture on Facebook.
a hug
Montejano

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Thank you Montejano and others :)

If you want to make your own, the dimensions are 851 x 315 pixels. :thumbsup:
Allow an empty space in the lower left for your profile picture which Facebook overlays over your cover photo.

Latest posts

Sponsors