Fabricated and Engraved money clip

billrice@charter.net

Elite Cafe Member
I finally finished the final commission for 3 items to be engraved as gifts for one of my customers to give to his son. A Money Clip with Monogram and scroll design around oval frame.

Attachments

• Mark Farley Money Clip 3.jpg
    Mark Farley Money Clip 3.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 277
Last edited:

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i like the way the letter"f" contrasts against the other 2 letters.

billrice@charter.net

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks everyone for the great comments. I will continue to practice and engrave. Its funny the more you engrave the more confident you feel which helps me in my engraving. I also feel like I can now start to focus on improving my engraving techniques and start drawing more advanced scrolls. With all of you encouraging me hopefully I will get better and better at this. I am now in the hand engraving business full time, which I felt I would never get to. I enjoy being at my studio more and being creative.
Monk I think this Monogram design is my best. I first hand drew it and then I looked for fonts on my computer that I could use to produce this Monogram.
The customer liked this money clip so well he ordered another one from me though this one will have his business Logo on it.

Thanks Again

billrice@charter.net

Elite Cafe Member
Sam Lettering is in at least 1/2 of my engraving work I am getting commissions for. I like lettering now, Mike Dubber has been a big influence on me and helped me out allot. Also at one time I was drawing, cutting and dreaming lettering. I am now working on coming up with a full alphabet of the Leaf letters you show on your lettering DVD. I still have a long way to go but I hope to one day give you a go as to the smallest engraved word by hand. I think you won the last contest with the word engrave which was the size of the mark on a millimeter ruler.

bill

Sponsors