Announcement: ESU engraving department gets an upgrade

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
sounds like a very cool deal to me. any idea as yet how many students have expressed an interest in the course ?

James_Ehlers

Thanks for posting, Sam. We are very excited at the radical change that the program is about to go through. Each station includes a custom bench, the newest pneumatic engraving tools and a microscope. There are also four monitors spread around the room. I can link to my camera, I can show videos, I can show powerpoint slide shows and I can draw on a Wacom tablet if I want. The walls are also covered in IdeaPaint - essentially turning the entire room into a giant dry erase board. There are ten student stations and one dedicated instructor station (very thankful for this!). Because of these new changes, the curriculum will be drastically altered as we will be able to do more with these resources. Students will also learn much faster. There are more little things, but those are the big changes I thought I would share. Glendo has been incredibly generous and very particular as far as making this a dream room for the students and I. It's still a little hard to believe. The class should be up and running for next semester. Once the buzz got around, all the classes filled in about two weeks. I might have to teach more of them. Perhaps over the Summer if enough people are interested - which I am not sure will be a problem.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
That sounds fantastic, James. I wonder if I could see your new setup next time I'm in Emporia. Congratulations!!!

Latest posts

Sponsors