engraving parallel lines by Monk

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
difficult for me to lay out evenly spaced parallel lines. in corel draw i created a 3 x 6" rectangle
made a single , full length line with the freeform tool and gave it a hairline weight.
control "d" created a copy of that line and i spaced it properly. contro"d" again, now there's 2 lines.
continuing this procedure, your box can rapidly fill with very closely spaced parallel lines.
my initial spacing was .062 ".could be any spacing of your choice.
if you want wider spacing or narrower, drag the box nodes up or down. this way when the lines are printed out on the acetate for transfer,incredibly tight control can be maintained on parallel line spacing.

also if you wanted cross hatching of any degree : highlight the original box of lines and do control "d". this
will create a second copy of lines which can then be superimposed over the first set of lines and shifted to any angle you want. print on acetate and rapid transfer and saves a lot of time. save the lines in a corel draw file for future use. any questions 724-328-4951 till 1 am east time
i have also created a pattern of closely spaced concentric circles that might be useful. if anyone wants a set of these get in touch

Latest posts

Sponsors