Engraved Browning A-5 Grade 1

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Browning A-5 Grade 1..fully engraved with game scenes that I engraved for myself...hope you like it too.
JJ

Attachments

• browning.a5.1.jpg
    browning.a5.1.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 283
  • browning.a5.2.jpg
    browning.a5.2.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 279

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That must be a Virginia wild pig. These Hogzillia's down in these Georgia swamps would even bother with them little ol whippets. Really a nice piece JJ. Those feral hogs are getting to be quit a problem for my framing friends. They don't bother with my little 13 acre place. Fred

Crazy Horse

Elite Cafe Member
J.J. Send that gun to me and I'll show you how to shoot it. Great Pheasant gun, not so sure about wild Boar. ;~)
All kidding aside, it looks great. Are you going to keep it or sell it?

mdengraver

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Definitely recognize your distinctive style JJ. Very nice delicate touch, executed and engraved with sensitivity, and intricate detail. As JJ would say "keep up the good work."

Last edited:

monk

Staff member
nice, nice, & nice again ! i esp like the look of terror on the pigs' face !

zzcutter

Elite Cafe Member
JJ looks great, I always see these guns around and have thought of doing one for myself. What is the chamber length thanks zz

GTJC460

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Turned out great. I saw this in progress. Nice work. Maybe you'll have at the expo after Christmas?

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
John,These Browning A-5 grade 1's leave the FN plant and have no scroll engraving witch makes for a nice canvas.This shotgun is a two barrel set I have a slug barrel with rifle sights that's why I engraved the Boar & dogs on the right side.Also have an A-5 grade 1 in 16 ga. witch I'll engrave with small upland game,woodcock,a dog chasing rabbits,dove and quail.Jon chamber 2 3/4. Bert I'll be at the gun show in Chantilly the weekend after Christmas hope you get time to attend. J.J.

oakleave

JJ, very nice work. Thank you for sharing. You must master the art of time management. When do you find time to engrave with your engagement in teaching and gun shows.
Keep up the good work.
Bernie

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Love it, JJ! That's a lot of intricate detail you've done. Thanks for your sharing your work with us! :thumbsup: :clapping:

NeilB

Its even better in person, I have pictures on my iphone and show it to all who ask what handengraving is. this can't be done with an is-400.

Mike Fennell

Elite Cafe Member
Well done, wth an attractive scene with lots of action. It is satisfying to put your own art onto your own gun.

A couple months back I was asked to replace engraving on a damaged A-5. The gunsmith had filed everything off before he said to me , "It has to look like factory engraving, so don't do your best work." Flattery will get you anywhere. Luckily he had made a smoke-pull before refinishing, so I did a transfer from the pull, cut as fast as I could, and got paid on the spot. I later learned that the customer had received the gun from his father, had left it in a wet gun case for far too long and didn't want his dad to know he had ruined it. I haven't seen it since, and don't know how they added normal wear after reblue, but as far as I know the dad hasn't noticed that the gun has been recut and reblued. Maybe we saved the lad's life.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors