Announcement: Engrave-In 2013

Ray Cover

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I didn't see Tom Baldwins name on there. Tom has to come. He's been elected our official PROOF tester. lol

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
engraving-in

Scott, I just booked rooms at the Mountain Inn, is not the Regency they changed the name. I'am bring a student with me his name is Bernhard Charlemagne ,see you in September.:thumbsup: J.J.

cwbyengraver

Good one Ray, no proof testing this year I'll Stay under the porch for that. I should've listened to your sis and slowed down!! I'm bringing my medical card. LOL

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
So I am asked what is the Engrave-In? in short it is a gathering for engravers or anyone interested in engraving.

It is for wannabes, beginners, masters, collectors, patrons, writers and those wifes, spouses, and SO’s who support those who do. We have seminars, we have tailgate displays, we have impromptu talks and discussions on any topic possible related to artistic metalwork. We eat, lots of good food. Sometimes even interesting critters from various parts of the country seldom visited. We play music till late at night and sing all the songs we know. Some are entertained, some are dismayed but we all have fun. Some camp in tents, some bring motor homes, some stay in local hotels, some fill up all the couches in my house. We have been known to shoot everything from pellet rifles to machine guns to full size civil war cannons. We solve a lot of the worlds problems along the way as well. Plan on being there this year.

Scott Pilkington
Ray Cover
Rachel Cover
Kim Cover
Mark Simpson
Chris Malouf
Joe Mason
Roger Bleile
Chris Malouf
CJ Allan and Sarah
Gerald Majors
Jared Eason
Jim Small
Todd Hughes
Fred Marrinan
Layne Zuelke
Bill Thomas
Tira Mitchell
Mark Thomas
JJ Roberts
Bernhard Charlemagne
Kurt Horvath
Tom Keltch
Jim Hall and crew
Joe Rundell
Tim Welles
Paul Hamler,
Jerry and Joan Seymour
Brian Ferrand
Two Ponies,
Leslie Eaton
Bill Moody
Chuck Mason
Aleksey Saburov
Keith Pederson
Tom Baldwin

Last edited:

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Scott Pilkington
Ray Cover
Rachel Cover
Kim Cover
Mark Simpson
Chris Malouf
Joe Mason
Roger Bleile
Chris Malouf
CJ Allan and Sarah
Gerald Majors
Jared Eason
Jim Small
Todd Hughes
Fred Marrinan
Layne Zuelke
Bill Thomas
Tira Mitchell
Mark Thomas
JJ Roberts
Bernhard Charlemagne
Kurt Horvath
Tom Keltch
Jim Hall and crew
Joe Rundell
Tim Welles
Paul Hamler,
Jerry and Joan Seymour
Brian Ferrand
Two Ponies,
Leslie Eaton
Bill Moody
Chuck Mason
Aleksey Saburov
Keith Pederson
Tom Baldwin
Josiah Hanley
Jamey Wilcox

bthomas

Scott,
Just getting to making my hotel reservations [thinking hotel is needed FRI/SAT] and want to be sure I am understanding the schedule.

September 13-15th....are we to plan Friday this year will be sort of like last year's Sunday with folks arriving at end of the day for some R&R? Meaning Saturday will be first full day?

Thanks
Bill

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Bill, yes, that is plan, unless you want to come Thursday for the barn raisin'

I plan to cover the area next to the podium/garage door with a 30'x40' tin roof.

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I'm getting ready to pack the van for Tennessee. I have a lot of tools that I will bring, but not all of them. Please shoot me an e-mail or let me know if there is a specific tool or tools you would like me to bring to the Engrave-In so that I make sure to get it in the van. A couple of people have already done this and those tools are already packed! See everyone soon.

thughes

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Hey Scott, what is your address? I'm sure you've posted it before, but for those of us that missed it.

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Books Available

It's almost time for the Engrave-In. I want to let all of the attendees know that I will have copies of American Engravers - The 21st Century with me for sale and signing. Also if you already have a copy of one of my books, you can bring it with you if you would like me to sign it to you.

FWIW, the publisher is very close to being sold out of AE21C and may be sold out at this writing. There will be no second printing, so if you want a copy now is the time to get one. After the Engrave-In, I will have to raise the price on the copies I have left.

I also have a few copies of the Pedretti, Fracassi, and Torcoli, Italian Master Series books for sale that I will bring with me to the Engrave-In.

I'll be arriving on Friday evening. I look forward to renewing old acquaintances and meeting new attendees.

Cheers,
Roger

Mike Fennell

Elite Cafe Member
Scott, your new schedule is a direct conflict with my annual elk bow-hunting trips. I need to hunt now while I can still get up the mountain - I am a grandfather, after all, and the years are passing quickly.

Would it foil some vast, eternal plan if you moved it to the last weekend in August or the first weekend in September? Maybe I am being selfish, but I hate to miss either event.

Sponsors