English fine scroll instructional set

BenHickey

Hello Marcus,

I am a beginner engraver and so far self taught. I would like to get into gun engraving and understand that Fine English Scroll is an absolute must to learn. How much would your instructible DVD be and how would I go about getting a hold of a copy?

Thank you in advance.

Ben.

Flatsguide

Marcus is a fine instructor among other things. The DVD’s alone are more than worth the price of admission. Both verbally and visually he explains how to achieve the beautiful rose and scroll work that is so appreciated on fine guns. I can see why the 1st editions were bringing so much money on the used market prior to the 2nd edition.
$$$ we’ll spent.
CheersRichard

BBChapnick

I missed out on his last limited release a few years ago. I just recently received mine and can attest to the quality of both his written compendium and instructional DVD's being absolutley masterful. It's a wonderful addition to any engraver's library. Essential in my opinion. Aside from that it was an absolute pleasure dealing with him as well. A scholar and a gentleman through and through.

All the best,
Ben

Marcus Hunt

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks guys for your kind words. It took me an age to write and edit so everyone from a novice to seasoned engraver could understand and recreate the style. It used to be the bread and butter style that every apprentice engraver learned. Unfortunately, when the number of British gunmakers declined, the number of engravers who could cut it well and correctly seemed to decline as well. To put it bluntly, there are some dreadful examples of contemporary English fine scroll out there and that was my whole raison d’etre for writing and producing this instructional set. I wanted to educate people and revitalise this style and feel very happy and privileged that so many of you have shown an amazing amount of interest in it. And from some of the pictures I’ve seen, many of you are definitely on the right track in cutting this style.

I’ve currently got a bit of a health problem going on but as soon as I feel well enough I hope to be making some study-aid castings to go with the set. If anyone still wants to purchase a copy, I still have a few left.

Latest posts

Sponsors