En-Set possible with Gravermach? stone setting

Bigarmedmike

bram ramon

Elite Cafe Member
I never worked with the En-Set, i'm sure it is a great tool. I told Grs they should use an electronic pedal which controls the speed of the motor so you could go do this single pulses. Never got a response though so i'm not gone waste any more time on them.If they want to continue making jukeboxes it's up to them. I would say if you have the money buy an En-Set Chris has an absolutely up to date service!

mrthe

Bram i think is normal that you haven't recived a response, is not a question of how is good the customer service, is like you buy a Ferrari and you ask to his enginers put in to it the moror of a lamborghini, have no much sense, if you like hiw work a en-set buy a en-set if you like how work a gravermax buy a gravermax if you like both buy both are two different systems

bram ramon

Elite Cafe Member
I have a degree in fine mechanics, pneumatics and hydraulics i opened a gravermax looked how it was made how it works etc and had to come to the conclusion. That the rotary valve and for sure the way the pedal works are extremely inefficient. So i told them on a friendly way to help them to make their tools better. And Mrthe i would for sure not use Italian top car brands to compare. I would compare the Grs with a fat ford pickup lots of 'power' and lots of fuel consumption. And yes it work, but thats all.

Chujybear

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
So it is established that the grs won't do the single bang like an enset. I've watched the Visio, ANC that does indeed seem like it could bennefit in lots of situations. Also , it seems the power gets dispersed throughout any given number of strokes (-I'm sure that doesn't make ready sense; what I mean is whether the gneumatic action is fast or slow you'll cut a scroll at roughly the same rate)
This seems like it would have potential, if you wanted to show some chop marks for an effect.

All that said ,,, the grs unit should still be able to push a prong or whatever. Make a single dot for instance. Just a matter of holding the tool in place. Might be a dozen strokes, but still be just one dot

mrthe

Bram i don't understand if you haven't try never a En- set why you want that your GRS will work like a En-set?
If is only for the single pulse you can use the hammer like Andrew say,if you want a very low speed buy a en-set,have no sense pretend that a grs work like an en- set (all the way the two systems have patents and can't be make in the same way)

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
@ Andrew, I have an En-Set, a GRS system, and H&C. I can do engravings with all three. I also can use two for stone setting.
Using H&C for pave stone setting, the one hit at a time under the microscope, make a video and show us how you do that. Maybe I learn something new.

@ Bigarmedmike, I know about the video you are talking about, and only the En-Set can do that one hit at a time. That doesn’t mean you can’t do the same job using a GRS system, but the one hit at a time control sure helps a lot. I’m a goldsmith, stone setter and engraver like Chris DeCamillis himself who wanted to make a better tool for those jobs he does daily, and the En-Set was born.
Is it the only tool to do stone setting, no, the GRS systems work great as well. But as Bram said, GRS could have done better if they had considered using newer techniques. Sure they make great tools but my GRS system isn’t my main tool anymore for stone setting and engraving.
So sure the En-Set has advantages if you want to do stone setting and engraving, one is the control on speed using less air, and my favourite is the sound of the En-Set while doing these jobs.
So I hope I answered your question, if not just ask.

arnaud

Last edited:

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The GRS machine does not work like the EnSet. The EnSet has single stroke at a time control. The minimum speed on the GRS machine is 400 strokes per minute, but it loses power at the minimum speed. However.... I have a monarch hand piece on my bench right now hooked up to an EnSet and it is giving me good power at the single stroke at a time setting. Pretty sweet.

bram ramon

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks everyone, I just bought a gravermach At and am very happy with it, I was just wondering if was possible or if there was some sort of trick to adjust it via the stroke speed or something, apparently not but no worries I'm still happy with what I've seen so far. Thanks again everyone for clearing this querie up for me.

There is a sort of 'trick' to make the motor/pulses of the gravermach even slower. If you would place a frequency converter on the motor. Grs just mounted a simple speed control in their system the problem is when you are going to slow speeds the motor is losing power so with their speed control it is not possible if you would place a frequency converter there is almost no power lost. So that should work.
Anyway if i have the time this summer i'll make one and show you a start from zero to 18000 pulses..

Here is a topic of a guy who made his one 'gravermax'http://garagegunsmithing.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=54&jfile=viewtopic.php&f=17&t=104&sid=60cec139f7d770d59e9d500c621edc25

Latest posts

Sponsors