Dulling Spray for photography

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I didn't know this stuff existed until I was looking for spray paint colors on the Krylon website this morning. It might be a good solution for a difficult photography job some day. I figured I'd pass it on to everyone. You never know when it might come in handy.

http://www.krylon.com/products/dulling-spray/

Krylon Dulling Spray

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
Water based hairspray.

Simple, and wipes off with a wet rag or paper towel... (usually cheaper too)

Brian

P.S. Do warm the piece a bit first... spray LIGHTLY from a fair distance - otherwise the water base has a tendency to form puddles. Also helps to degrease with alchol sometimes.

Last edited:

silvermon

Dulling Spray

This spray has been available for many, many years, and from other manufacturers as well. I used it a lot for in-house studio shots back in the eighties. It is very effective with strobe lighting. Today strobe lighting isn't as necessary with the use of digital photography and I have experimented with many other options. Still it can be quite effective way to reduce glare and contrast too. I would test it on a non-important piece if you plan to use it under hot light sources. :)

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
thanx for that, doc. sadly, my foto skills have all but vanished. the little junk cameras i use are most difficult to get good results with.
my kids wont let me spend their inheritance money on photoshop and a decent camera ! so what to do ?? :mad:

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
my kids wont let me spend their inheritance money on photoshop and a decent camera ! so what to do ?? :mad:

Tell them to make their own way. You can't take it with you so, enjoy it while you can. They can have an outdated camera and some old software :)

Latest posts

Sponsors