Dropbox!

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
If you don't have it yet, get it! It's the best cloud based storage system I've ever used, and it's free. No matter where I am, my important files are always available via computer, iPhone, or iPad. Share files, host photo galleries, and more. Get it!

Get Dropbox

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sam,
That looks good but I also stress a cloud back up as well. They cost but they have saved me for one. Plus, they offer access to files on other computers or phones as well.

Tom Curran

Elite Cafe Member
I use Dropbox all the time. I have a Mac and PC's...and the drop box folder is available on all desktops. I draw a part in CAD on my Mac, put a DXF in my drop box, and it's available on all my systems. I import the DXF into my PC, right out of Dropbox. Then I make a tool path file for my CNC milling machine to machine the part. The CNC machine runs by PC, so THAT has a dropbox folder. Dropbox is a great program, and free if you don't exceed the space limits.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Yeah, Tom. It's really hard to beat. Works seamlessly with all computers. I keep files in Dropbox folders and they automatically update on all of my computers and iDevices so everything is always in sync. Just fantastic. :thumbsup:

Robert Morales

Elite Cafe Member
A friend shared a retirement video he made via Dropbox just this Tuesday. After checking it out I signed up for the free 2 GB. Started with my Mac, added a PC and when I added my iPhone they added 0.5GB for free!!

Latest posts

Sponsors