Drawing for O/U

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
That's rich and beautiful! I love seeing good artwork and this qualifies as some of the best. Thanks Phil!

atexascowboy2011

Elite Cafe Member
Ditto !
This is bordering classic !

The one thing that would have made it perfect would be to have the Pendleton bucking horse spooking amongst the quail .
But, seeing where you're located, I'll let it slide.

GREAT JOB !!!

silverchip

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Keeping a record of previous work is something I haven't been too diligent about. Although if a design is one that worked out well and I thought I might do something similar in the future ,putting a little effort into preserving the drawings with dimensional references has been beneficial..

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Phil,

Thanks for posting that. We really like to see how designs are developed. I have to say that I am surprised that you put all of that detail into the scrollwork at the bottom. I always assumed that most engravers just drew out the basic scroll and did the detail shading as they engraved like I do. Was this a sketch that had to be submitted to the maker for approval?

Thanks,
Roger

Phil Coggan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
You have guessed right Roger as there's no point in putting all that detail into working drawings.

I don't normally do customer drawings as they are too time consuming, much better to spend that time cutting.

Phil

Latest posts

Sponsors