Dragonslayer Reliquary

tsterling

Elite Cafe Member
My latest major project, the Dragonslayer Reliquary (and The Project From Hell). I guess you can call it finished, but it turned into one of those projects where it became more abandoned than completed - it just kept insisting that I add another element, then another, then another and so forth...:shock: I seem to have a lot of those.

Anyway, it's a fantasy integral poniard dagger, made from 1045 carbon steel, 15 inches overall length. The reliquary is fabricated from a brass rail from the bar in a famous hotel in Bellingham, WA, brass rod, boxwood, black walnut, desert ironwood, fossil ivory and steel with engraved runes. On the sculpted raw steel handle are four hand engraved and carved dragons and four Viking-ish helmeted dudes.

Hope you like it. Thanks for looking!

Tom

Dragonslayer_Poniard_Web_1.jpg
Dragonslayer_Poniard_Web_3.jpg
Dragonslayer_Poniard_Web_2.jpg

tsterling

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks for the kind words, guys! I appreciate the feedback.

Was it difficult to find a dragon willing to allow you to harden and temper the blade in his flesh?

And how much longer is it gonna take to engrave all that brass tubing?

Brian

Hi Brian, I find dragons are never willing for me to harden and temper the blade in their flesh, so I don't ask for volunteers. I find it works lots better if you sneak up on them...

And, no, I have no plans to engrave the tube. When I started to entertain that thought, the Men in the Little White Coats began to take notice and I realized the time to abandon the project had finally arrived.:graver:

Tom

tsterling

Elite Cafe Member
You're a hard man, Brian! My better half says "NO!" She Who Must Be Obeyed has spoken...so let it be written, so let it be done.

Tom