Dog Tag - Finished project

teroon

Just finished engraving a dog tag.
Now I'm thinking what will be the best place to post it for sale. What are your expirience with etsy? Or perhaps you would advice me to to look elsewhere to sell it?

Attachments

• dt bez napisu.jpg
    dt bez napisu.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 128
Reactions: APN

mtlctr

Elite Cafe Member
For Etsy you need an account, you must file for taxes. Just about anywhere you try to sell you’ll be up against offshore knockoff junk. Good luck

ByrnBucks

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Good even Teroon, I realize you didn’t ask for critiques so apologies. I like your flowers a lot and your leafs feel unique. Just a few couple of leaves grow out of nowhere and it just draws the eye a bit. “With a grain of salt for next time” Good luck wherever you decide to sell it and I hope you have a wonderful week. BB

monk

Staff member
check with your local jewelry stores. even if they are a "chain" outlet you may find they will advise clients your way. you should make a sample plate of brass or copper. include 2 or 3 font styles in monogram, etc. it's very important that a client sees a sample of your work. script, old english, roman, and block lettering covers virtually all most jewelry outlets would want.
i brokered a deal with one of my local stores. i priced "quickie" work so the manager mad a buck or two on a sale. sweet, as i only had one person to deal with. you may be surprized how people react to quality lettering which is quick to do. judging by the quality of yer dog tag, i'd think lettering would be a snap for you. best of luck !!

teroon

Good even Teroon, I realize you didn’t ask for critiques so apologies. I like your flowers a lot and your leafs feel unique. Just a few couple of leaves grow out of nowhere and it just draws the eye a bit. “With a grain of salt for next time” Good luck wherever you decide to sell it and I hope you have a wonderful week. BB
Hi,
I'm always open for critiques, so no worry. I know that the mid ending leaf has lost it flow - I was to hasty in cutting and missed it. :( But thank you :)

Rannis

Hi,
I'm always open for critiques, so no worry. I know that the mid ending leaf has lost it flow - I was to hasty in cutting and missed it. :( But thank you :)
Would you be willing to point out the areas you are refering to so I can learn from this also? I believe I see one area where a leaf appears "out-of-place" I gues it a way to describe it. I am certainly in no position to offer critics, genuinly would like to understand what part of the design is being referenced. Many thanks, Dale

Rannis

Hi,
Id like to add that it is very good work though. I do like the style very much.

EngraverHand

Elite Cafe Member
My experience with etsy ( I have never sold anything there) but it´s a lot of junk and knock off crap there.. for me it´s not really a place I look for good stuff, but it´s one of many sales channels. I used to buy cheap rivets for leather work from there.. If you put it on etsy, you would still promote your etsy store, as I think it would be hard for people just to stumble over it.. you would have to build up followers to your store (as everywhere), but personally i would choose another place.. Etsy in my ears is a little like AliExpress.. I´m sure there are good stuff there too, but.. just my thoughts. I think it´s easy to put up a store though, probably why there are so much of everything.. :)

teroon

Would you be willing to point out the areas you are refering to so I can learn from this also? I believe I see one area where a leaf appears "out-of-place" I gues it a way to describe it. I am certainly in no position to offer critics, genuinly would like to understand what part of the design is being referenced. Many thanks, Dale
Sure no problem.
Red line indicate the part that is cut and designed wrong. I forgot the flow in that part since leaves where so close that it blended during that transfer and I forgot about it during the cut.

I think the green lines shows wrong flow of the design.
Blue line - too wide, it should be narrower

Attachments

• dt bez napisu.jpg
    dt bez napisu.jpg
    271.6 KB · Views: 34

Latest posts

Sponsors