damascus knife

Ste82

Elite Cafe Member
Hi to everybody!
This is a knife i've just finished, it is an 11 cm damascus steel daga, from the Italian knife maker Leonardo Frizzi.
The front bolster is characterized by the head of the ancient god Hermes, and a few of gold inlay.
I hope you like it!

Stefano Nardelli

I'm sorry for the photo quality,i know they are too dark! but i have only a cell camera!:(

scott99

Elite Cafe Member
Hi, what a nce showing of worksmanship. All I can say is WOW, Thanks for the closeup photos. In progress photos are so much help in seing how things progressed. :clapping: :bow:

scott99

Ste82

Elite Cafe Member
Thnk you all, I really appreciate your comments!:tiphat:
Im happy you like the close up photo, but be aware that probably that is not the best way to do the job, is only how i do it...on this forum there is a tremendous amount of knowlege and there is a lot of people much more qualified than me!!:hammer:

Ste82

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Antonio!
I really appreciate, your knives for Leonardo where really stunning, you're an artist! :tiphat:

Montejano

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Antonio!
I really appreciate, your knives for Leonardo where really stunning, you're an artist! :tiphat:

Thanks for the words.:bow:
* Each professional has recorded a personal style and I try to appreciate the work of other professionals.
Good luck and continue its work.;)
a hug

Antonio

Ste82

Elite Cafe Member
I have used 600 grit to remove the initial damascus pattern, after the iron chloride bath i've used a worn 1200 grit to slightly remove the black coat that it cause and unveiling the damascus pattern, as normal engravings after shading i didnt touch the knife...
Stefano

Ste82

Elite Cafe Member
in this photo you can see the damascus pattern on the finished knife, it is not too strong to not overcome the engraving...

Latest posts

Sponsors