daffodil

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
get a Breck's bulb catalog. there's several lifetimes' worth of material in one- and they'll send it for free. http://brecks.com/

i noticed you were looking for engraved images, Shawn, but your work has come along so well in the last couple years i'm sure you'd do just fine from a photo. i don't think you need to see how somebody else engraved one anymore.

Last edited:

JohnR

Elite Cafe Member
Hi didyoung, google Daffodil Hill, Volcano, CA. These flowers are just comming into bloom in the beautiful gold country of Calif. I always take the kids for Easter and photos. Sorry I don't have good close up's for you as I take lousy pictures.........Johnr

diandwill

Elite Cafe Member
A book that I have found delightful is "Diverses Fleurs" by Nicholas Robert. It is a numbered edition of line drawings of many different flowers. I believe this is a numbered reproduction of an 1800's book. It also has butterflys and other insects in association with the flowers.
The nice thing about line drawings is that they translate very well to engraving, the lines being about the same.
http://www.alibris.com/booksearch?qwork=6998439&matches=1&cm_sp=works*listing*title
A copy, #2 of 500 available on Alibris.

Last edited:

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
In the picture it appears that the long edge/side of the bracelet is rounded and the end of the bracelet edge where it was trimmed has not been rounded off in a consistent way like the side. Does this make sense?

didyoung

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
i knew i could count on old dark cloud showing up. you might be correct ..or you could be really reaching for something...not sure what you are seeing. the bracelet has black paint smeared on either side....a lack of clean up.

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
i knew i could count on old dark cloud showing up. you might be correct ..or you could be really reaching for something...not sure what you are seeing. the bracelet has black paint smeared on either side....a lack of clean up.

The problem with pictures is they can be deceiving. I may be seeing things incorrectly. But since this is what I must go by will try to explain with other words. The radius of the edge of the bracelet does not look equal all the way around the bracelet. It looks like you cut the radius on the ends but you didn't round the edges of these trimmed edges like you did the sides of the bracelet. The engraving is coming along nicely. As I have said in the past, it will be interesting to see your engraving one year from now. To sum it up. From what I must go by in the pictures, you continue to put dresses on pigs.

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Consider it done Shawn. For the record, I have never tried to guide your engraving. Am I correct?

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hold on Shawn. I am not offended by the words you just removed from your last post. Go ahead and put them back up. I have no problem with what you posted.

Karl Stubenvoll

Elite Cafe Member
Shawn---your work is quite impressive and I've enjoyed watching your progress. The only thing about this design that had me scratching my head is the style of leaves immediately behind the daffodil. I think daffodil leaves immediately behind the flower with scroll leaves coming out from behind them would have worked even better. Here is a grainy enlargement of some daffodils.

Attachments

• Daffodils.jpg
    Daffodils.jpg
    330.6 KB · Views: 52

Sponsors