Critique Request: sketch

Caty Blom

Elite Cafe Member
In collaboration with Willem I also send my drawings for the comment.
Would love to hear again what you think to make. Further improvements It will always remain a mix of the rules and his own composition, but as long as that remains the rules around then I am very happy. Oh, please give your comment. These are the same types but drawn differently. Greetings Caty.

Newton Pens

Elite Cafe Member
Beautiful drawings. I like the one on the left better. Easier to look at. Right picture sort of looks bare. The one on the left just looks so alive and fresh. :)

oiseau metal arts

Elite Cafe Member
I too like left better, but think the other would start to take on more life once actually cut, and add a few more leaf elements to shade and show more depth.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
both nice, but i personally don't like the border around the right one. to me the geometric aspect of the border clashes and detracts from the organic nature of the drawing. just my thought, caty. i like the center panel on the right one moreso than the left one. again, just a personal thought.

Caty Blom

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks for the comment, I personally find the outline of the right not beautiful, but it was a trial. In real engraving k would not apply it, so it you're right Monk. Also the right part in the right drawing I like this one more than the left side. The left drawing I tried to draw leaves of the same structure and remain as close to the backbone. Greetings Caty.

Latest posts

Sponsors