Creamer Pistol in Muzzle Blasts

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Well the article on the documentary copy gun I did with Bob Browner is finally out in Muzzle Blasts mag which is great but I'm a little taken aback by the inflated language. I should be rolling in the dough now since the article says I'm considered one of the nations "finest master engravers" Where do they get this stuff. Read on:

Quote: "After the pistol was built, Browner sent it to Layne Zuelke of BR, LA, who is the master engraver for Red Jacket Firearms. You may have seen Red Jacket on the Disc. Channel show "Sons of Gun's" and you'll know why they are considered one of the most unique firearms business, and also why Zuelke is considered one of the nations finest engravers" end Quote

When talking to the editor I asked that Sons of Guns not be mentioned, I tried to explain that I was NOT a master engraver and I engrave for Red Jacket Muzzleloading. I do engrave for Redjacket Firearms as well but I asked to leave them out. All plainly stated when this thing started. So I learned a few things...... I should have been more assertive in my written statement to the writer and always ask for a proof before an article goes to print. Why is it that folks insist on calling you a "Master Engraver". I think they just can't resist themselves. While I appreciate the exposure, it's all a bit embarrassing. From journeyman to master with the stroke of a pen. Wish I had known it was that easy! I suppose I can only roll with it now that what's done is done. At least the pistol came out right. It'll make someone a proud owner at the CLA auction in Lexington in August. BrownerLock_7@300.jpg LOL Cover-June-13.jpg

Last edited:

Beathard

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Congrats on the exposure. Not sure if I would have picked that particular firearm to be my first master's piece. I'm not sure that being more assertive would have helped. The press just makes up what they want to write anyway.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i've been published locally a few times. they all, each and every one, dang near had me "walking on water". the problem, at least here, the reporters/writers know little or nothing of the art. when they see a shiney line, well you must be a master.

Latest posts

Sponsors