Congrats Barry Lee Hands

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Barry......Hope you made it back home easier than I did with all the bad weather. As I mentioned to you in Reno, I am here to help you as you know and I know you won't hesitate to ask. My wife already told me you called before I got home.
The coming years will indeed be exciting. As I mentioned at our members meeting, the BOD has worked hard preparing for the challenges ahead and we are well on our way with our new Exhibition format in Reno next year. For those of yu that have not heard yet the new name is the "Firearms Engravers Guild of America Engraving Arts & Firearms Exhibition" We will now be able to display a wider array of engravings than in the past. We already have a number of ehibitors already signed up with us including many ACGG Gunmaker members. Barry and the BOD have a lot of hard work ahead of them but we are all excited. They will need everyones help so don't be shy and contact Barry or a BOD member and pitch in. It's not easy.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
well, sir-- i ditto all the above ! to me, you seem to have a "world view" on the art of engraving. i think that bodes well, not only for fega, but the practice of hand engraving in general.

Barry Lee Hands

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks Marty, Tim, and everyone.
We will be moving forward together, FEGA as a group will move into the future with teamwork and camaraderie.
Feel free to call or email me, or any of the other officers with your views, ideas, oh, and be sure to pay your dues, and sign up for a table at next years show in Reno!
We will be on the same dates as SCI Jan 23-26.
Go to FEGA.com for applications.

Andrew Biggs

What stinks about it is I gotta call him "Mr. Hands" now...

Don't forget laying prostrate and ring kissing Tim. :)

Yes indeed. Congratulations (or commiserations??) to Barry. We have a big couple of years ahead of us till things settle down a bit. Like everything, change means challenges that seem pretty huge right now but when broken down and taken one step at a time they can be overcome easily enough. Some things will be done right first time around and other things will have to be a work in progress but that is normal for anything we try to achieve in life.

Good deal about changing show dates!!!!!

Reno was a great show as usual and one of the things that always makes it so worth while is the people you meet and the things you learn. Onward and upwards to a bright future!!!!

Cheers
Andrew

SamW

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Castle Valley, UT in the Red Rock country
I can claim to have had a most wonderful time in Reno and it is because of people like Barry and Andrew and all the other great people that come to the show and visit and share and make FEGA what it is. The future will work itself out and I am sure to the betterment of FEGA and all its members. The change in show date to the same weekend as SCI bodes well for us and though it is expensive to attend SCI it is a place you will see engraving you will not be able to see elsewhere...stuff like Coggan engraved Hollands or Purdeys and such.

The creativity and the quality of execution of American engraving has reached marvelous levels and continues to expand and if you are "into" engraving and scrimshaw you really owe it to yourself to plan on attending the 2013 (gulp) show!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors