Christchurch NZ

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Amazing race contestants were in Christchurch this episode. It looked beautiful. Andrew do you know when that episode was filmed?

Andrew Biggs

Ahhhhh......Amazing race contestants. I thought you meant amazing race contestants :)

I heard on the news tonight that the episode was released in the USA today and we will see it later this year

That must have been filmed last year. Normally these things take a few months in production. I even vaguely remember reading about it.

Yes, Canterbury and Christchurch is a beautiful place alright despite the earthquakes. Canterbury is the province we live in and is bordered by two stone bed rivers called the Waimakareri and Rakia. Both have salmon running through them and are great recreational areas. Driving down from the backdrop of the Southern Alps and high country you hit the Canterbury plains with undulating hills and flat land till you eventually reach Christchurch on the east coast.

They are still pulling down the inner city of Christchurch and something like 70% of the CPD will be torn down by mid year. We have lost most of our stone cathedrals and heritage buildings but a few have been mercifully saved. So the city has a few years of rebuilding ahead of it. Everything changes and nothing lasts forever.

Cheers
Andrew

Sponsors