Carrell Rowles - Colt SAA Engraving Fixtures Catalog

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Being that Mr. Rowles has a dial-up internet connection and isn't able to be on the forums I figured I would start a new thread and post his contact information. That way it's easily found by those looking for Colt SAA fixtures and hopefully it generates some business for Mr. Rowles. :thumbs up:

Colt SAA Engraving Fixtures

Carrell Rowles
Custom Engravers Tools
5117 Browns Mill Road
Rustburg, VA 24588

434-821-8694

Here's Fred Bowen's information also:

Stag Argent Inc.
PO Box 1199
Lake Villa, IL 60046

stagargent@yahoo.com
847-265-8316

Frame Fixture: $40
Ejector Rod Housing Fixture: $25
Cylinder Bushing Set: $10
($70.00 post paid for a set)

Email me at dakotadocmartin@gmail.com for Carrell's catalog PDF

Last edited:

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Is this current? this looks like the same brochure I had 20 years ago, and somewhere along the way I knew he was'nt doing these anymore, but maybe he started back?

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Hi Neal. Thanks for posting this, but I have removed the link to the catalog. It'd be better if you put a link to Mr. Rowels' website and then people can download from there. It's not a huge deal, but if I let one person do it then I have to let everyone put catalog links.

Thanks! / ~Sam

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I just spoke with him a couple of days ago just before I placed an order with him. Fred Bowens included the catalog along with an order I got from him.

Carrell says he's out in the woods with just a dial-up internet connection so he won't be on the forums or doing business on the Internet.

He says he normally likes to have people order what they want and then he will send them a bill when he sends the fixtures. But, I put an estimated check in with my order anyway.

I'm just trying to make his info available as I found it difficult to locate when I was looking. :)

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hi Neal. Thanks for posting this, but I have removed the link to the catalog. It'd be better if you put a link to Mr. Rowels' website and then people can download from there. It's not a huge deal, but if I let one person do it then I have to let everyone put catalog links.

Thanks! / ~Sam

Sam... that's why I scanned his catalog to PDF and uploaded it to my own web storage. Mr. Rowels isn't on the Internet. :(

Last edited:

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
If you are going to engrave Colt SAA's or their clones... you NEED a set of these fixtures. PM me and I'll send you a download link for the catalog. :yes

RonFinch

As a begining Firearms engraver I have found that Chris DeCamillis's holding fixtures work and are very well made, and are readily availible. I know he and Mike Dubber worked together to design them. Anyone interested in holding fixtures for the SAA should check out his site.

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
As a begining Firearms engraver I have found that Chris DeCamillis's holding fixtures work and are very well made, and are readily availible. I know he and Mike Dubber worked together to design them. Anyone interested in holding fixtures for the SAA should check out his site.

The Carrell Rowles fixtures are first class in every way but are priced with 20 year old prices. :eek: It takes quite awhile to get them once you order them but they are well worth the wait. If you need similar fixtures right away, the Dubber fixtures are available on Chris' site for $295 + shipping.

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Back to the top...

Latest posts

Sponsors