Bulino work

Sageoconnell

Hi my name is Sage. I’ve been a tattooer for a long time but have admired engraving for over a decade. I’ve dabbled with it off and on for a while now and can’t wait to feel as good about engraving as I do in all other avenues of art I’ve done through the years. But I have a few questions. I’ll try to attach a few pics of what I do.

After being a black and grey tattooer for over 30 years and looking in to this world I’ve found that I’m most drawn to bulino work and the way it stands out.

Is it better to stay working on scroll work and try to get a good foot hold in that and then move in to trying to do bulino? Are the two so different that it’s usual to do one and not the other Or is it best to learn to do both?

Attachments

• IMG_3536.jpeg
    IMG_3536.jpeg
    97.9 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_3509.jpeg
    IMG_3509.jpeg
    112.1 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_2958.jpeg
    IMG_2958.jpeg
    124.6 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_2656.jpeg
    IMG_2656.jpeg
    146.6 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_2632.jpeg
    IMG_2632.jpeg
    100.8 KB · Views: 60

oniemarc

Elite Cafe Member
I would say learn both. Bulino by itself will not generate the interest of most people. The combination of both scrollwork and bulino makes it pop.

Marc

Sageoconnell

I would say learn both. Bulino by itself will not generate the interest of most people. The combination of both scrollwork and bulino makes it pop.

Marc
Thank you Marc. Yeah I saw the pendants you were doing after hearing you interview on the podcast. Super nice work.

mtlctr

Elite Cafe Member
Hi my name is Sage. I’ve been a tattooer for a long time but have admired engraving for over a decade. I’ve dabbled with it off and on for a while now and can’t wait to feel as good about engraving as I do in all other avenues of art I’ve done through the years. But I have a few questions. I’ll try to attach a few pics of what I do.

After being a black and grey tattooer for over 30 years and looking in to this world I’ve found that I’m most drawn to bulino work and the way it stands out.

Is it better to stay working on scroll work and try to get a good foot hold in that and then move in to trying to do bulino? Are the two so different that it’s usual to do one and not the other Or is it best to learn to do both?
One thing I would say, most any engraving you do will be on a much smaller scale. Learn to compress the skin art into an inch or so.

papart1

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
absolutely beautiful tats.................nicely done!!!

Sageoconnell

One thing I would say, most any engraving you do will be on a much smaller scale. Learn to compress the skin art into an inch or so.
Yeah I see that already too. But in the microscope it definitely makes it seem bigger.

fitzo

Nice ink! I love the borderless stuff nowadays.
Best wishes for a great engraving journey!

papart1

no doubt...................probably not very much longer!!!!

Latest posts

Sponsors