Bulino dotting. Help, Hilfe, Hjälp

henningssom

Elite Cafe Member
Hi,
I have some questions regarding Bulino dotting.
I have never seen Bulino shadings so I don’t know how it is suppose to look.
So the questions are, Can I do the dotting with my GRS machine or do I need to do this all by hand?
If I can use the machine, what is the preferred stroke speed and air pressure?
What is a normal point on the graver, round like a needle or sharpened in angles?
I have tried this and I can accomplish shadings with the machine and a needle like point, but since I haven’t seen this type of Bulino dotting in real life, I feel that I need some guidance on the subject.

Oh yes, the motif is suppose to look like a very old stone rune and I`m almost dune with the cutting and dotting of the back ground so I will soon start with the shading.
I would really appreciate your help on this and I am very grateful for all the help I can get.

Mike
:handpiece: or :hammer:

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
In short, you need to invest some quality time here reading up on all the many, many threads and posts on the subjects of bulino and graver geometry. It's all here and there are hundreds of photos of this type of work; the search function is a wonderful thing. You do it by hand power not air assist in most cases. Happy reading.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
mr wells was quite right. begin a journey through this forum. spend some time-- you'll learn a lot.

Latest posts

Sponsors