Buddy's logo

Beladran

Elite Cafe Member
I'm scared to even post this here with so many masters.. This probably looks like my baby's crayon doodles in yals eyes but hey I'm progressing lol
This logo is electro etched onto his knives so I tried engraving it instead

scott99

Elite Cafe Member
HI, everyone has to learn,it all takes time. I have found the Folks on this site are kind helpful people. So I would say never be afraid to show what you are doing. The two ways to learn here are, go thru all the tips on the site, and show your work for comments. There is tons of information right here, and when you really run into a wall someone will very likely be of great help.

Have fun

scott99 By the way what did you use for the red color?

Beladran

Elite Cafe Member
Dykem it is a layout fluid(has lacquer in it) Use it metal fab when you need to scrib a line on a metal that might be hard to see. Comes in blue, red, an yellow. Blue an red is the most popular in my parts.

Just spray on an ran a razor over it. Light sand what don't come off or wipe with acetone

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Beladran, It always good to put the design your not sure of on a practices plate before you put it on a knife, gun or jewelry. I still work on designs on practice plates I'm not sure of, keep experimenting and it will all fall together for you. J.J.

Beladran

Elite Cafe Member
I have a ton of brass bar stock that's .25 thick that I will be playing with for long while. I have about forty pieces that size I cut up figured I can use front an back an when I fill them up I can make a quick pass on the mill an presto new plate.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
very good way to stretch your brass supply. when it's about 1/16" one can make buckles & such. btw i'd fear getting my finger that close to the fish. you'll likely need the finger whilst drawing & engraving.