Buckle loop hinge

Pancho

I’m sure that this is on the forum but I’m not good with the search function, I built a buckle for a guy and made the fixed loop too deep. I knew it was at the time but didn’t get it fixed. Turns out the depth, while an issue is less of an issue than a hinged loop. I really don’t have a good idea on how to do it so I figured I’d ask the forum. I’ve seen them on cast brass buckles but don’t know how to build it out of steel, I think that I can drill it out of small square rod but I figured I’d ask before I got a 20 foot stick of 1/4” sqaure to do it.

Thanks in advance, Pancho

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i usually use .25" copper, brass, or bronze tubing. for the "d" ring i usually use .080-.090" rod which i form on a fixture i made. not the least bit fancy, but easy & quick to make. i also hand form the hook of the same material

TLP

Monsterslayer.com has nickle bronze buckle backs with a peg that is silver brazed to the back of the buckle

mdengraver

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
My fixed loop was too deep so I bent it down in the center in a concave way, this helped my situation, maybe it will help yours.

Sponsors