Bruce Bump knife

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
DKanger,

There is no indication of who engraved the pistol/knife. Are you the engraver? I've never seen a picture of your work so please excuse me if I didn't recognize it.

RB

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
There is no indication of who engraved the pistol/knife. Are you the engraver?

No, not me. Perhaps someone else will recognize the work. I was just impressed with the unique melding of knife, gun, and engraving. Novel, but creative.

graniteguy52

Elite Cafe Member
I got to meet Bruce at the Boise Knife show this fall, where he won best of show with an unengraved "knife/gun".
The fact that he asked me how much I would charge to do the engraving on his unique "knife" led me to think that he may not always use the same engraver - maybe he was just being polite!
Gordon Alcorn

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I don't know how I missed that. Jere Davidson does a lot of work on Edmund Davidson knives but the scroll looks somewhat different. In any case the knife/gun is unique and well executed.

This link will take you to Edmund's web page where you can compare the scroll: http://www.edmunddavidson.com/ed_mainframe.htm

Of course a skilled engraver can work in various styles but I think of the style on the Davidson knives as Jere's characteristic scroll.

RB

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Jere also engraves guns for Tony Galazan of Connecticut Shotgun Manufacturing Co. New Britain Ct.,got to meet Jere at the Ken Hurst engrave-in. J.J.

dave gibson

Elite Cafe Member
Hot- Rod icon Von Dutch (Kenny Howard) built some pistol/ knives. I saw some on display at an art show in Laguna,Ca in the mid 90's. These things were as radical as his hot-rod and motorcycle customs. They looked like something Black Beard would have coveted. He was a gifted inventor,machinist, gunsmith, knife builder,engraver,pin striper,artist, draftsman,mechanic, musician,sign writer and an anti social bohemian, a real curmudgeon, a beatnik Da Vinci. I once heard he was building a cannon to shoot cement filled beer cans out in the desert.

Latest posts

Sponsors