Question: Brand new wondering if anyone in my area?

Coinfused

Hi all,
I'm brand new and considering having a go at coin die engraving. I have a coin project I'm working on, but as yet, have no tools or experience. I am just outside the Yuba City/Marysville, California area near Live Oak. I'm wondering if there is anyone in my area that I could meet up with.

In the short term, I may need someone's help or services. Just reaching out to see if there is anyone in my area to meet up with, learn from, etc.

Last edited:

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
welcome to the forum. you,ve certainly taken on a challenge. don,t forget, you'll have to develop drawing/design skills as well as the mechanical aspects of metal engraving. good luck. i hope someone in the area can get you jumpstarted.

Coinfused

Thank you Monk! I think for me it will be a challenge to match design skills to limited engraving skills. It is way too easy to design something well outside of my skill set. I am a handyman and a blacksmith, so making my own tooling is the norm. I also have a foundry set up. But, cast coins leave a lot to be desired in consistency, finish, design limitations, and just plain appeal. So, I want to take it from design, to planchet, to die, to finished coin. Life is boring without challenges.

Latest posts

Sponsors