Bracelet design No.3.

TyG

Elite Cafe Member
A friend of my wife wants a bracelet for her 21 yo daughter. Both her and Caron have been "helping" me come up with a design. This finally won. How many of you enjoy input from non engravers and want to charge them double for their "help"?

Attachments

• img004.jpg
    img004.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 297

scott99

Elite Cafe Member
HI, I remember a sign in an auto repair garage.

"LABOR $25.00 per hour.

If you watch $50.00 per hour.

If you help $150.00 per hour.

That pretty much says the whole deal for me.

scott99 :tiphat:

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i'm the opposite on this. i always try to allow a client as much design input that they want to supply. within reason, naturally. i feel this makes the item all the more special to them. maybe a bad idea, but this is always the way i.ve done things. jm2cw

glstrcowboy

Elite Cafe Member
Yeah, "help". It invariably involves the phrase "well all you have to do is...".

Jahn Baker

Elite Cafe Member
:cool:As a custom jeweler for 45 years, I've always welcomed the customer's input.;) That was what made the piece truly "custom" for them.:cool: There have been times when a reality check:eek: and a bit of education as to the feasibility of the request were required.:no: In the end, they got something truly personal and I was well payed.:thumbsup:

Newton Pens

Elite Cafe Member
When making pens I love when customers supply drawings and sketches and watercolors for their pens. The pens I make are pretty much all one offs so they're getting something that is very unique. I have several styles, but they're all a little bit different from the next. Having said that - I do occasionally get the very very very attentive to detail customer. "This part was supposed to be .45" not .44"." I remade a pen for one customer three times before he was happy with it. Cost me a bit but he was happy in the end. I was able to sell the other two raising money for my scholarship, so it wasn't a total loss. But MAN what a pain it can be. There are definitely two sides to that coin...

Sponsors