Barry Lee Hands engraved Steve Hoel small sheffield

Barry Lee Hands

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
This is the latest collaboration from Barry and Steve.
The Steve Hoel small sheffield folder features Barry's three color virgin gold three segment leaves set with white and apple green diamonds and pink saphires, swirling over barry " Black Satin " Background.
The leaves continue with Barry's " Gilded pearl " technique onto the presentation grade blacklip pearl scales.
The spine features 22k gold twist borders.

Last edited:

martinr

That is another home run Barry. The Sheffield design by Steve is just perfect for your style. From what I saw at Solvang there was no shortage of people wanting to buy that knife.

Barry Lee Hands

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hi Martin, yes, it was a great show, it was very nice to see all the folks, you got very lucky picking up the Stepanyan, it is an excellent piece, and Amayak is a real gentleman.
All of this goes back to the great knives made by Steve Hoel, because in the end, engraved or unadorned, it is all about the knife.

Last edited:

Donny

Elite Cafe Member
Very nice Barry!! Could you describe how the black background was done?

Donny

henningssom

Elite Cafe Member
How can a person do magic like that!
Absolutely amazing!
It's something I can only dream about.

Mike

Barry Lee Hands

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
If I may correct you, It is not a secret, it is a trick.
I do not care for secrets, but a trick, well, that intrigues me . . .

The pearl has a lot of grey in it, so I left a bit more grey in the middle to compliment it. The black is John Barroclough's famous speedball 3450. The grey is a fine stipple.
I call it 'black Satin' so it can be differentiated from my uninked background by my clients when they are describing their preferences.
Most of my older work has no ink at all.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors