Barry Lee Hands engraved Ron Lake Folder with diamond studded toothpick

Barry Lee Hands

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
For more pics:

http://www.knifepurveyor.com/barry_lee_hands_engraved_ron_lake_tail_lock_knife_4097.aspx

I thought you might enjoy this:

For more pics:

http://www.knifepurveyor.com/barry_lee_hands_engraved_ron_lake_tail_lock_knife_4097.aspx

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
You thought right, Barry,

These photos are more than enjoyable, they are inspiring in every way! I can imagine holding the object, first with eyes closed. There would be so much tactile information to absorb through the fingers, an encrustation treat, with multilevel treatment, gem settings and twisted borders. Opening the eyes would be a further treat, seeing the heavy texture is composed of diamonds, gold, all crafted impeccably by a set of famous Hands. Unquestionably, Ron Lake, has presented a wonderful canvas to inspired the ornamentation.

Well done both!

Rod

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
That's a killer piece, Barry! Fantastically rich treatment. Nice diamond setting work, too! :thumbsup:

Barry Lee Hands

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks Rod, your comments, as always, are eloquent, thoughtful and descriptive.
Sam, thank you so much. I feel privileged to work on such fine knives and I try to pull the most I can from them.

mrthe

this is one of the most beautyfull knife that i have see ever! congratulation Barry your work is inspiring, thank you for share!

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Barry, I like it. Your style is evolving and it's fun to watch. How much of Alexandre's class are you using in the stone setting?

Barry Lee Hands

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks Andrew, yes, stones are fun.
Hi Chris, you are almost as eloquent as Rod,hehe, thanks for the comments and understanding of what I have been trying.
Thanks Mrthe, I know you have seen a few.
Hi Lee, thanks.
Alexandre Siderov's stone setting instruction changed a lot of the things I do. He has a refreshing way of looking at work, from all directions.
Thank you Titian, I am glad you liked it.

Last edited:

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Very nice Barry. They have diamond coated fry pans (sothey say)and nothing sticks to them. So I guess nothing will stick to that toothpick either:biggrin: