Barry Lee Hands engraved knife

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
So I got to see one of Barry Lee's ingenious and deceiving engravings at the SCI show this weekend. It's a stunning treatment of gold overlay and raised gold inlay.

The stainless steel background has been deeply recessed around the gold leaves and is perfectly flat...or so I thought. The combination of raised gold borders and raised gold leaves gives the illusion that the background has been removed. It fooled me, that's for sure! You really have to see it to believe it. Sorry the pics aren't better. All I had was my iPhone.

Nice to see you Barry, and thanks for stopping by!

barry_lee-1.jpg

barry_lee-2.jpg

sam_barry_lee_hands.jpg

Fred Bowen

Elite Cafe Member
At first I wondered where you found the couch at the show to use as a background for the knife photo, then I remembered.....

Classic and classy Barry engraving- excellent as usual!

Andrew Biggs

The complexity of Barry's knives is stunning. The photos never do the work justice.......It's not till you actually hold his knives in your hand that you realise just how incredibly complex they really are. Just the amount of gold alone adds considerably to the weight of the knife!!!

Cheers
Andrew

Barry Lee Hands

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thank guys! Sam it was really great to spend some time with you at SCI-you are such a great talent and have done sooo much for our art.
I hope to see you at the FEGA show next year!

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
a nice, clean, classy look you have there barry ! many thanks to you for your efforts in the fega organization.

Barry Lee Hands

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
They are stems, vestigial perhaps, i have left them out on some leaf arrangements, but then oeople ask, where did the stems go?

Latest posts

Sponsors