Ball vise

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Man, that's a dog! If it rotates smoothly it's probably very usable. Looks like it was used as a boat anchor :shock:

golden forge

Elite Cafe Member
I figured if the price was cheep enough, the labor and TLC it would take to clean it up might be worth it for someone new who doesn't have one yet.

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
“Very good condition, everything moves smoothly.â€￾
If that's very good condition, I wonder what poor condition looks like.:thinking:

Red Green

Elite Cafe Member
Well Roger, I got me a mirror :shock: and yes that vise is in 'Very good condition'. :(

Bob

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I love the understatement on eBay's description ... 'this item has been pre owned'

However rough the surface 'patina', could be a decent ball vise. From time to time, I have had my hands on a few famous instruments, including getting permission from the Duke of Atholl, to play the 18th century Scot's fiddler, Neil Gow's violin. It hangs in a glass case in the Duke's banqueting hall. Secretly, I was hoping they had not cleaned it off too perfectly, as I wanted not so much the patina, but some of Neil's congealed sweat to rub off on my fingers and miraculously make me a better fiddler. So far this has proved to be wishful thinking.

Neil would often play solo, and with gut strings, for three hundred dancers in the Duke's castle, driving them into a frenzy. Mind you, in those days before amplifiers, dancers knew how to listen, and dance in their bare feet.

I digress

Rod

Latest posts

Sponsors