At the Martin Guitar Museum

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Before my kids go back to school I wanted them to see the Martin guitar I worked on late last year. It is serial number 1,500,000 - and is named the "DaVinci Unplugged". The whole family piled in the car and we went up to see it in its new home at the Martin Guitar Factory Museum in Nazareth, PA. Here are a couple of quick shots my husband took while we were there. It's always nice to finally see the end result of your work. This was a great project from beginning to end. :biggrin:

Martin-Guitar-Factory-2012_0008.jpg Martin-Guitar-Factory-2012_0005.jpg

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I'm right proud of you Tira. That is one place I've longed to visit since I was in high school but have yet to make the trek. Can I have your autograph?

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Tira,

Congratulations! How nice the family got to see this landmark Martin with your handiwork a part of it. I would like to see some close ups of what your engraved? You are a flute player who works on guitars, and I am a flute maker who plays guitars! And Dobroman, Tim, is also a string man.

How nice that the young ones can brag about what their mom does, as well as the one hundred and one skills any mom needs to have to raise young ones!

best wishes!

Rod

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
tira, to me, that is a very high honor to have been chosen to participate in this marvelous project i can only guess how you must have felt when you took your family there. very special in my mind.

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks guys! Here are a few pictures of the work I actually did on the guitar. I couldn't get a good picture of my work while the guitar was spinning in the case.

MartinGuitarPegs20101217_35.jpg MartinGuitarPegs20101217_45.jpg

Chujybear

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Very cool.
A crowning jewel on a beautiful object.
My dad was just out there, and told me all about the museum.
Martin was trying to buy fronts off us , I think.
Not near as auspicious as what you got to do.

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
CONGRATS Tira!! GREAT work on an exceptional project. Your layout looks excellent.

Thanks for showing it.

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Tira,

I was in James Goodall's guitar workshop yesterday ( he is also flute playing fanatic!).

He will love to see your engraved tuners.

Excellent work, a great and well deserved honor.

Rod

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That's great Tira. It's nice they gave you credit. The tuners look great. Tuners that look that good had to make the guitar complete.

Tom Curran

Elite Cafe Member
My claim to fame!

Hey! Tira! That is a fabulous project. Whoooie, that's a great guitar.

I am so glad I know someone so famous!

Tom

Latest posts

Sponsors