Art Monograms and lettering by J.M.Bergling

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I don't want to high-jack Ivar's tread on monograms, but I have a book in PFD format on that subject. It is called Art Monograms and lettering by J.M.Burgling
I don't know where I downloaded it, anyway I have a copy for those who are interested.
Just sent me an email arno@infolder.com and I will sent you the URL for download.

arnaud

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Thanks Arnaud. Every engraver should have this book. It's also available on Google books. I find the printed copy to be a little sharper than what's on Google. Absolutely excellent resource though.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
yes ! i too have this, and a couple other books in my dropbox. bergling has to be an inspiration to all.

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Just saw this book for the first time yesterday and was floored by it as I always am by Bergling's work. Just in time for the monogram rush that's been coming my way!
Thank You Arno!

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Somewhere along the way, I decided that you could learn just about everything you need to know about proportion, flow and balance of scrollwork just by studying Bergling's work. His leaf script letters are stunning.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I had a lot of requests on this book, it seems hard for some people to download this from the Google Books. I used a proxy server that is located in the US, as the copyrights on this book are different in the US as in Europe.
By using a proxyserver, I could fool the Google server being located in the US. :cool:

arnaud

Latest posts

Sponsors