Arnaud's diamond powder

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Well, I like to have enough to polish my car, truck, and all my gravers :cool:

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Question

I just bought the .5 spray from grs and I hear it last a long time. ..if I buy the powder, because I read you can never predict when I'll Need it, so I might add well order it now, what is the shelf life on this powder? I'm thinking of ordering from the same seller as Sam.

Carlos De La O III

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Carlos, the powder is just pure dry diamond powder so I would say shelf life = for ever.
The only thing some people don't know, diamond is crystallized carbon ( if I translate right) so it could burn.
Any diamond can burn

arnaud

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sam, are you gonna polish your car as you ordered 100 carat?
Since we have now determined that Arnaud's diamond powder is the greatest invention since safety pins, I wonder if the coarser grades could be mixed with automotive paint for a custom car finish. Metal flake is expensive, diamond dust might make a more pleasing reflective paint job.

I'd give it a try when I paint the old Pontiac I'm re-doing but I don't have one of those special agitator spray guns which keeps it in suspension.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Since we have now determined that Arnaud's diamond powder is the greatest invention since safety pins, I wonder if the coarser grades could be mixed with automotive paint for a custom car finish. Metal flake is expensive, diamond dust might make a more pleasing reflective paint job.

The powder doesn't shine like diamond, but perhaps mixing it with automotive paint you have a scratch proof finish that can sharpen your carbide gravers. :biggrin:

arnaud

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Steve, I think I can answer this one as well.

The stick that you use to screw on the brass and cotton brushes on, I do not know the name in English or Dutch, but If you use the cotton or felt one and put some powder on it with your finger, I guarantee it will polish the inside of the barrel.

A small bit long leather lap with diamond powder should work as well

Photo to illustrate

arnaud

loopkuisen.jpg

Last edited:

dogcatcher

Elite Cafe Member
Curious, how will this diamond powder also work on fine honing of wood carving chisels? Sounds like it should be about the same as a leather strop with a honing compound.