Question: anyone kow how to get pictures from droid razr to cafe photo album?

MICHAEL

Elite Cafe Member
I took pictures (on my phone) of some pistols I engraved but cannot figure out how to get the pictures to my computer:confused:. I cannot even get the pictures that are on my computer posted to my photo album I opened under my profile on the cafe:eek:. Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you.:biggrin:

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Michael,
Don't they make an accessory USB cord that plugs into the phone and your computer? Then you transfer just like a memory stick.

Also, can't you email the pics via your phone to your computer?

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Can't help on the photo album side but as Dave said, all you need is a USB to the computer. If you are running Windows the drivers may already be there. It should allow you to transfer the photos easily. It may even have an automated process but I just treat the SD card as a removable drive.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I don't have a droid, but if plug in and your computer recognizes your phone as a drive, then navigate to the drive from the Cafe upload link, select photos and upload. If it doesn't see it as a drive, then email them to yourself or get them on your computer whatever way you know how, then upload from your computer. There is no Droid- or iPhone-to-Cafe direct upload that I'm aware of.

Another option would be to upload to Photobucket, Flickr, ImageShack, or another photo hosting site which allows sharing/hotlinking, and paste the URL of your photo into your forum post using the image link on the toolbar.

MICHAEL

Elite Cafe Member
I tried to e-mail myself but pictures haven't shown yet, been hours. If I can't load pictures by tomorrow I'll go by verizon and see if they can help me. Thanks!

MICHAEL

Elite Cafe Member
I figured out how to load a picture from hard drive to cafe album but still haven't been able to recieve e-mail of pics from my phone. The cord that came with my phone is only a charger and I checked the box and it says it only comes with a charger. I'll probably need to purchase one of them there USB cord-a-ma-jigger things.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
There's an iPhone app called Transfer that makes it super easy to get photos from your phone to your computer. See if there's a droid version or an equivalent.

tbear

Double check the charger that came with your phone. Most of the new phones the charger cable is a dual cable, it will plug into your phone and then into the charger that plugs into the wall. The end in the charger should be a USB plug. If it is just unplug it from the charger and then plug it into your computer. Go to Start and then to Computer then look for your phone. Let me know if this helps.
T

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Like Tbear says... I'm pretty sure all the new Motorola phones have a USB/wall charger combo.

MICHAEL

Elite Cafe Member
OK tbear, I did what you said, got charger cable, plugged 1 end in phone, other end in USP port, clicked start, clicked computer, unable to find phone. Any idea's?

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
There will be a notification on the phone (on top). Depending on the model it may say USB mass storage or mount USB or something like that.
This will allow the computer to read the card.

MICHAEL

Elite Cafe Member
I appreciate all the help. Rex when I plug up my phone like you and tbear say the phone doesn't display a notification that I can see. My phone displays that it is dicharging. I stopped by verizon and one of the staff was able to e-mail a picture to my computer. It was there waiting for me as soon as i checked my e-mails. I tried doing exactly what he did and I have been unsuccessful in sending a picture to my computer. Me and technology just do not get along. The most technology I'll ever need is my pencil and my Gravermax! LOL. I'll keep plugging away. Thanks again.
Oh, I forgot that Sam metioned Googling how to do it. I'll give that A try also, Thanks again.

MICHAEL

Elite Cafe Member
Sam, I downloaded Motorola 5.5.0 driver with Motohelper. This was supposed to tell my computer to recognize my phone and when I dropped down the notification window the USB connection would be displayed. I'm getting none of this. I wouldn't be suprised if there isn't some app i'm supposed to buy to make it work.

MICHAEL

Elite Cafe Member
One last suggestion. Get a camera! :)

That would be ideal Sam:). But, and there is always a but. I've been hit hard financially for about 15-20 k in the last month and haven't even paid taxes yet:shock:. I had to get a new phone for work and I saw this phone has an 8 mega pixel camera and I thought I'd see how it works;). Taking pictures is not a priority at this point, engraving, drawing, and studying layout of firearms is:thumbsup:. I just thought someone was using a droid out there and would be able to tell me how to upload some pictures. I'll try to figure it out. Thanks.

Latest posts

Sponsors