ANyone have a spiral binding machine?

Ray Cover

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hey guys the glue in the spine of my Advanced Drawing of Scrolls book has dried out and basically I have a loose leaf version now.

Do any of you have one of those spiral binding hole punch machines? If so would you be willing to rebind this for me at a reasonable cost?

Ray

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Ray: If I'm not mistaken some printing companies like Kinko's provide that service. You might have one in your town that can do it.

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sam is correct. I think Office Max and others do as well. I was looking for some sketchbooks and couldn't find what I wanted. I bought one of the big tablets of sketch paper which they cut and bound into several smaller ones for me.....spiral bound with blank covers.

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Ray, They are both right on the money. I have the machine to comb bind and would be happy to do it for you but mail will be more than it costs at Kinko. I used to do a lot of desktop publishing and have the binding equipment. Would be happy to bring to Scott's in June if you like. I also make tracing paper tablets for myself for muli layer drawing. Fred

Ray Cover

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks for the tip guys. I have a mom and pop run copy center in town I will check there first.

If my local place can't do it I may just mail that to you Fred and pick it up a Scott's.

Ray

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Ray

If you want to be able to do it yourself get a GBC Docubind. Link to an example on Amazon here.

I've had one for years. It's a bit of a pain sometimes. You can punch up to about 10 sheets for the comb binding (or 25 for 3-hole). To put on the comb you turn a knob to pull the comb open, then lay on the pages. Turn the knob the other way to close it up and release it.

If I had 10 things to do I might go to the local office place but for one or two I just do it myself.

Ray Cover

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I appreciate the offer Brian. Let me see what the local places turn around and cost is fi they even do that here.

Ray