Any tutorial ?For every movement.

sybred

Is more pictures with tutorial but I think it's better know every move with graver. Do you know any good "tutorial video" or "picture" or what I can if it's good line or not good. And how I catch a graver I know i must push with palm but is any special position for cathing gravers? Thank yo very much.

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I can tell you that you don't to catch a graver. Gravers are very sharp - even when the point breaks what's left is far sharper than it needs to be to draw blood. Doing palm push means you're putting a lot of force on the graver and when it slips (and it will) the one thing you do not want to do is 'catch' it.

In the first class I took at GRS Marty Rabeno (aka 'Fancygun) was our instructor and even though we were using power he taught us to keep our left hand below the top of the vise.

sybred

Sorry my english is not perfect.Yes I thought how to hold gravers and exercise. Is possible engraving like self-taught Engraver.

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Steve, your a funny guy, I made the same conclusion as Doc.

Sybred there is a video that Sam made showing hand pushing techniques, he made 2 if im not mistaken, use the search button youll find it, remember push is best used on soft materials not steal unless you doing shadding and bulino type engraving.

Saludos,
Carlos

Latest posts

Sponsors