Any guesses when we reach 10,000 posts.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Bob, yes I think he is and I don’t disagree that Sam made it possible, but it is only thanks to the active members.
On Chris’s forum I offered an engraved knife, my design and engraving, for the one who has the most post at the end of the year.
I won’t tell you the why and how here, just take a look if you are interested.
But thing is, we have to make pop the bubbles in each other heads to inspire. The ones that contribute the most should be renowned for their input.
So I suggest, that Sam offers a reward, made by himself (not a IKEA reward) to the one with the most input when reaching the clip of 10.000

arno

Last edited:

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I think I see, but that means we already reached the 10.000 treads

Threads
Members

Yes OK, now I see you are talking about posts

arnaud

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
not sure wherehyou are but I see:
Page 1 of 329 1 2 3 11 51 101...Last

Threads 1 to 30 of 9853

I think your seeing the big picture-all the forums on this site- That's even better

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Fred, if you go to the home page by clicking on "the engravers Cafe" letterhead, and scroll to the bottom, there you will see.
In my opinion, the "Threads 1 to 30 of 9853" is only the ones about "Hand engraving Forum", not included the Tips archive, Buy and sell, Interviews.

arnaud

mrthe

Arnaud are talking about all the threads and posts of the entire forum .
I'm with Arnaud a forum work well only if any user put his little grain of sand every day, but i'm not shure that the best way is offer rewards for a more contibution.
Sam are giving us the best reward that is the same website forum , i'm the webmaster of a engraving forum in spain like this , and people don't know that a vbulletin forum like this more the hosting of theserver and administrate it ( hours and hours) every years cost a lot of money and a lot of hours of work, and we are very lucky to can join in a place like this, totally free and with a lot of knowledges where ee can learn more every day.
this is the best reward for me ;)

Red Green

Elite Cafe Member
Wow Arnaud,

You remind me of some of the ladies I have involved myself with, Sam gave you a diamond and you want more :). Perhaps Sam has the power to transform a nice quiet mild mannered engraver into the superhero ‘Graverfinger’ pointing the way to engraving nirvana and protector of cutters and scratchers everywhere after 10,000 posts? :bow:

Bob

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
The members make a forum what it is. I'm just the landlord and occasional bouncer :)

We unceremoniously passed the 6,000 member mark this month and will soon be breaking 15-million page views. While the numbers are fun to watch and are an indication of growth, what really matters is quality of members and their willingness to help and share their passion for hand engraving. And I'm proud to be among such an esteemed group of that make this the fun and informative forum that it is.

Red Green

Elite Cafe Member
Sam,

I do hope you will take converting Arnaud into a superhero under consideration. Think of all the uninspired engravers who need a role model. It’s a big responsibility I know, but we are counting on you Sam.:)

Bob

Red Green

Elite Cafe Member
I’m sorry Fred,

I feel I have been instrumental in circumventing your intent for this thread :beatup:, and for continuing to do so. Your estimate looks very good but it all depends on how prolific Arnaud is, maybe he’s charged up and ready to go. If so my guess would be May 7, 9:45 EST. is this like playing horse shoes or tossing pennies?

Bob

Latest posts

Sponsors