Another Use for the Monarch

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Ooooooooh! I want one................but i'll probably have to do it myself.

pretty, pretty, pretty.............

You must be a pretty darn good engraver or maybe you are too cheap,.......... cause .......er uh.............
I don't have any fancy engraving tools,........... cause I don't think I can afford me.....Ha Ha

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Amen Scott & Ron.
Isn't that also known as the "Shoemakers Children" syndrome?

It sure is tough to afford our own work,isn't it?

I think Ron has the beginnings of a new thread:
Show us your "Fancy Engraving Tools"

We can vote and give out a hearty slap on the back for the prettiest engraving tools.

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I like it Brian looks great. I did mine a while back with bright-cut around the edge. In the winter it's really dry around here and I couldn't get a comfortable grip, it felt to little and smooth. With wood or the 901 a little bigger I didn't have that problem. So I did the edge so it wasn't so smooth and it seemed to help. It looks like you got the blue paint back on it. How did you do that.
Poor Ron We're going to have to start a list of stuff he wants, for his retirement party. Let's see so far he wants an engraved pickguard for his guitar, and an engraved Monarch hand piece. Not a bad start:)

nhcowboy1961

Elite Cafe Member
Great idea Brian, I want me one of those but seeing as I only have one handpiece it'd have to be wriggle engraved:-( Kudos for taking the time out to spoil yourself-something I have a sneaking suspicion we as engravers rarely do!
Paul

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Tira...Thank you. I certainly tried to keep up with the Hunts' in the classroom. (I'm sure Marcus is rolling his eyes and thinking---"I know I taught it better than that.") BTW Marcus, I'm still reeling from the influx of knowledge you and your father shared with that class---Thank you so much!

Mike, it's not blue paint----it's lousy photography done under fluorescent lights.
The handle for my Monarch is the Stainless Steel version. It is actually gun metal gray.

Chris....Lee wins the prize for figuring out how I did it.

Paul...these things can be wriggle cut also...give one a whirl.

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hey Mike, you got a good start on that list, and i'm open for any suggestions. An engraved toilet seat,.......... a yo yo, or anything like that..............I just like purty things......And oh yeah,.... Scott does very nice bathroom fixtures.

Don't laugh! I got a request to do one of those yo yo's. It was pure silver........came out really nice.

Did some gold collar stays too. You young folks probably don't even know what that is............

Keep those good ideas coming.....Ha ha

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Just curious why someone would want engraved collar stays. Gold okay, but engraved you would never see them. Also is the engraved toilet seat so when you fall asleep on it you won't slip off:)

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
No Mike, I just like the pretty patterns it leaves on my butt.......Ha Ha........I told you I like purty things........:)

And you would be surprised at some of the request you will get, or maybe since I am a little wierd, maybe I attract that sort of thing, I don't know...........................

Latest posts

Sponsors