Another one of those flute crowns.

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Because I haven't watched TV since 1993, I find it hard to just "sit there" so I made this during the Super Bowl Game.
The crown is made of 416 Stainless Steel, heat treated for coloring and then oil quenched.

Andrew Biggs

Hi Brian

Beautiful work.........but you are one sick puppy.

I can't even imagine trying to do that during an All Blacks rugby world cup final. We can't "sit there" either because we are too busy jumping up and down yelling at the TV.

And we don't have anything like your half time entertainment to distract us !!!! :)

Cheers
Andrew

SamW

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Castle Valley, UT in the Red Rock country
I'm with you Brian...no Boob Tube for many years now! Rather build guitars, cars, r/c models (in other words live my own life, not someone elses idea of one). Very nice work by the way. Regards, S.

quickcut07

Elite Cafe Member
Beautiful work Brian. Missed the game as well. . but havn't really watched a full game in many years. Can't sit still that long. Thought of you and the wife the other day. I was cleaning up the mess that seems to gather around my engraving bench and found some goodies my wife must have put there. Must be to maintain my energy level while being there. Two bags of M&M's one regular and one dark plus a bunch of Hershy chocolate. Also helps with the thought process and making my waist line b.. no I won't go there.
Keep up the good work Eric

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Nice Brian. The Super Bowl was a pretty good game, but you acomplished more than San Fran you got the job done:)

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Beautiful Brian! I like the finish - it is a nice compliment to the rest of the head joint.

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks for the kind remarks.
I've been experimenting with heat colorizing of steel. I went through several temperature ranges for fun. When I got this patina brown color, I liked it, quenched it and then set the stones.
Hopefully, it will sell...;)

konteil

hey brian just wanted to tell you that liver of sulphur works very well at colouring metals for antiquing. depending on how dark you need it to be you either leave the metals cold or heat it up to varying degrees. also JAX makes a fw colouring agents for metals. give it a try if you like. As a jeweler i use these for finishes all the time with pretty good result. All can be found at riogrande.com.

Marcus Hunt

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hi Brian

Beautiful work.........but you are one sick puppy.

I can't even imagine trying to do that during an All Blacks rugby world cup final. We can't "sit there" either because we are too busy jumping up and down yelling at the TV.

And we don't have anything like your half time entertainment to distract us !!!! :)

Cheers
Andrew

Ah, but Andrew you forget a rugby game is 80 minutes with 5 minutes for half time. The Superbowl on the other hand only takes an hour to actually play but has another3 hours of ads and other ****! Brian probably didn't miss a second of actually play but created this wonderful piece in the ad breaks, lol!

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks for the pointers konteil and Bill. I'll check them out.
...and Marcus is spot on: The Superbowl IS a 60 minute game with 3 hours of commercials and 30 minutes for half time (but the real day waster is the 6 hours of "Pre-game" television shows), so it's quite possible that a reasonably skilled engraver could get a host of things accomplished during the game itself.

Latest posts

Sponsors