Another Goldie

jetta77

Elite Cafe Member
Here's a recent William Henry I just finished up. Sorry for the bad iPhone pics. Thnx for looking :biggrin:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 254
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 252

jetta77

Elite Cafe Member
Thnx Andrew!
I had the great opportunity to enjoy and hold your Egyptian themed knife at the jck show in Vegas. Pretty impressive stuff!

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
My goodness, Jeff,

This work is right up there with the very best! Everything about it is admirable. This engraving work flies right into your face, it is so good. I don't need to tell you the stakes are high, when you are working at this level, it needs to be flawless, and it is.

You rock!

Rod

Ste82

Elite Cafe Member
Compliments!! I rellay love you works and i'm amazed by your shading!!!!
Thanks to showing us
Stefano

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Jeff, your work is fabulous. Great design, excellent shading, perfect inlay. Absolutely wonderful in every way.

Now...your photos. For god's sake your engraving deserves better than an out of focus iphone photo!! :beatup:

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
It's just a shame that most people are only going to notice your lovely engraving and never realize the supreme artistry and technique involved in all that gold background.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Gorgeous engraving, Jeff, but s****y photography. Would you buy a &#@$& decent camera???

Donny

Elite Cafe Member
Gorgeous engraving, Jeff, but s****y photography. Would you buy a &#@$& decent camera???

Now thats just funny ;)

WE ALL AGREE it's wonderful work...But I would really love to know (if you wouldn't mind saying) how you did the gold? Wire or sheet? Gauge? AND what is/was your final grit level before shading?

Donny:bow:

jetta77

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you everyone for your kind comments.

Sam and Mitch, I know, I know..... I was in a hurry and all I had was my phone. William Henry will send me professional pictures of the finished piece.

Donny, I'm using .30-.35 mm wire for inlay. Hammer it it in, file excess off, use 400 grit die makers stones to take off high spots. Then I use 400-600 grit paper. Then I use the green 400 grit abrasive paper for final finish.

Donny

Elite Cafe Member
Jeff,
Thanks for the technical low down stuff it is really cool to see how others get to such a nice finished project.

Donny

Latest posts

Sponsors