Critique Request another bulino coin!

here are my latest efforts, I worked on it a full week and this is also my first portrait I drew the face directly on the coin, based on a photo, so blame the anatomical imperfections on that :biggrin: anyway what are your thoughts? same coin as last time, a bit bigger than an inch in diameter, I know the photos are huge so maybe you can walk away from the monitor until the photo is the right dimensions? :cool:
lady2.jpg lady.jpg lady1.jpg

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
everything to my eye looks good, esp her hair. the upper lip looks as though it could use some xtra work. i'd also do just a simple circular frame if that's what you like. the multiple lines you have here detract from her image. jmho

the hair was enlightening, you can tell I started on the right and worked my way to the left, the curls on the left side are way more clear and 3d looking(talking about learning curve..), nose and mouth were probably the hardest parts of the whole picture, and yes, I wouldn't do a border like that again, it needed some intricate stuff to complement the bulino and overall darker looking. but I did this to learn and it was an amazing ride, hopefully the next one will be better and so on until somebody starts paying me good money to do this kind of engraving that I love :)