airtact handpiece

Frank P

Elite Cafe Member
Last month or so there was a thread, where Marcus told about his problems with the small hose coming constantly off the handpiece, I had the same problem, and probably there s more of us out there..
Tried a lot of things but nothing really helped.. My collegue the mad professor pointed me that rubber hose can become hard (and lose flexibility althus grip) in contact with all kind of grease, even natural handgrease ..
so i protected and fixed the problem area with some simple heat shrinking tube, experimented now for some 2 weeks and... everything still in place and working just fine, no more stress ....and more time to engrave than to fix ;)
i made a quick drawing, hopefully this system is helpful for some of you too
have a nice weekend
Frank :beerchug:

Attachments

• AT HP.png
    AT HP.png
    19.2 KB · Views: 146

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Very clear explanation Frank, I get the point and your solution. Never had a problem with it but when I have, I now have a solution for it, thanks

arnaud

Frank P

Elite Cafe Member
thanks Arnaud.. I must say I bought the airtact system directly since it came out, and it intensivly worked a couple of thousands of hours without the
slighest problem... :fastgraver: but the day it occured, I tried fixing it different ways.... cutting off piece of tube, superglue,all that.... but it came off several times again and again.. I really understood Marcus his worries ..
oh yes forgot to mention, before fixing the hoses and well degrease all affected areas..
have a nice day
Frank:beerchug:

Latest posts

Sponsors