Air Compressor Review

Hi Guys,

I thought some of the other newbies like me might be looking for a reasonably priced compressor.

I bought a used Gravermach and needed an oil less compressor to run it.

I finally found one that has been working very well. It's a very quiet compressor, not totally silent but I can hear the radio over it. It sits right beside me and I usually never notice it running.

It's a Rolair JC-10.

Here's a link.

http://www.rolair.net/products/spec_pages/hand_carry/JC10.html

Very satisfied with it.

You may want to set it up so that it cycles less frequently when you get it. They are really made to run small nail guns. Just set the pressure switch so that it goes down to your minimum air pressure for your tool before it comes on.

It will develop full pressure to 125 psi in 45 seconds going from empty.

Price is right around $200 delivered. Try Acme Tools, they had free shipping when I checked. I added a couple pairs of safety glasses to get me over the minimum order.

Regards,

Matt

Scottyd

I recently bought a 6 gallon compressor from wayfair.com. It is a gmc 6310. It is not silent but it is pretty quiet. It's an oil-less, we will have to see how long it will last. I have it in the garage which is right below my shop and I don't know how often it cycles as I can't hear it.
Scott

The graver mach came with a water separator. Since the compressor is oil less I don't use one between the compressor and the Gravermach.

The compressor has a filter on it's intake that can be replaced.

It would probably be wise to add another filter on the output of the compressor as cheap insurance.

Regards,

Matt

Paulie

Elite Cafe Member
:tiphat:
What type of filter do you attach to your compressor and where do you get them from?

:tiphat:Crazy Horse, I have a large Brown V2 compessor in my workshop, wich I (occasionally) used for pneumatic sculpting stone. Since I 'm organising a small engraving workshop in a corner of the same barn, where I put my selfmade engraving bench, Graver Max G8, etc. I wanted to use my big compressor (oil lubricated) for sculpting as well as for engraving & carving so I had to buy 3 extra filters: 1 for filtering small dust particals, 1 for oil spray (oil damp?), 1 for keeping any water damp out of my engraving system:rolleyes: Resulting in totally 4 filters to protect the GraverMax! I wish I could breath the same quality of PURE air myself;) The extra filters I bought at the compressor service center:thumbsup: Greetings, Paulie:beerchug:

Last edited: